Immigration Services


Taiwan Exit & Entry Permit is the document for the bearer to enter and/or depart Taiwan. The permit is issued by the National Immigration Agency of Taiwan.

This permit is the travel document issued to the residents of the People's Republic of China (PRC) (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau) for short-term visits to Taiwan. The single-entry permit is a color-printed A4 paper, while the multiple-entry permit is a sky-blue passport-size booklet. Despite its name, the permit must be used in conjunction with a valid travel document when entering Taiwan, as the permit itself is not a travel document.

台灣就業金卡(EMPLOYMENT GOLD CARD)是一張結合工作許可證、居留簽證、外僑居留證及

Taiwan Employment Gold Card is a "4 in 1" Card combining a work permit, residence visa, alien resident certificate, and a re-entry permit, which allows foreigners to be convenient for seeking jobs, employment, and transfer work freely.

The applicant shall be eligible for “qualification of foreign professionals with special expertise”. Those who are satisfactory to specific qualifications and have special expertise may apply to one among ten major fields depending on his/her expertise.
Following are the ten major fields:
(1) Science & Technology (Ministry of Science and Technology)
(2) Economy (Ministry of Economic Affairs)
(3) Education (Ministry of Education)
(4) Culture and Arts (Ministry of Culture)
(5) Sport (Ministry of Education)
(6) Finance (Financial Supervisory Commission)
(7) Law (Ministry of Justice)
(8) Architectural Design (The Construction and Planning Agency, Ministry of the Interior)
(9) National Defense (Ministry of National Defense)
(10) Special cases (with consultation, are recognized by the NDC)


1. This card is an open work permit issued to employment-seeking individuals that require neither pre-confirmed hiring nor application through any employer.

2. Gold Card holders who work in Taiwan for the first time are eligible for a 50% tax deduction on their annual salary income over NT$3 million in the first 5 years.

3. Eligible to apply for permanent residency after three years (excluding Hong Kong and Macao residents). Obtaining a Doctorate Degree in Taiwan counts toward one of the three years that are needed.

4. Employment Gold Card holders who are employed to engage in professional work in Taiwan, or who are employers or self-employed business owners in Taiwan, and their dependent relatives, can directly join the National Health Insurance system without having to wait six months for inclusion.


Alien Resident Certificate (ARC), also known as Taiwan Residence Permit, allows expatriates to live in Taiwan long-term. If the expatriate’s work period is over 6 months, will need to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC). Resident Visa holders are required to apply for ARC at the city/county police headquarters nearest to their residence in Taiwan within 15 days after their arrival.

Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) is the certificate issued by the Ministry of the Interior that certifies the holder can have a valid certificate in Taiwan. ARC can be applied for a maximum of 3 years each time. Besides the residency, ARC is also one of the criteria documents for the Taiwan driver’s license and opening bank account.

簽證(VISA)是入境台灣的許可證,外國專業人士來台灣工作時,主要會申請到以下兩種簽證: 停留簽證(

There are two types of VISA, Visitor Visa and Resident Visa:

  1. Visitor Visa: Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than six months for the purposes of transit; tour; visit relatives; undertake visits; undertake inspection tours; attend international conferences; conduct business; pursue short-term study; undertake short-term employment; undertake short-term missionary work, and engage in other activities in Taiwan will need to apply for Visitor Visa.
  1. Resident Visa: Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other travel documents, intend to stay in Taiwan for more than 6 months for the purpose of joining the family; pursuing studies; accepting employment; making investments; doing missionary work; or engaging in other permissible activities, will need to apply for Resident Visa.

    Resident Visa holders are required to apply for the Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency within 15 days starting from the next day of their arrival. They may stay in the ROC as long as the Alien Resident Certificate remains valid.
外籍人士想要在台灣開始工作前,必須先申請到由勞動部勞動力發展署核發的台灣工作許可證(WORK PER

An expatriate who wants to work in Taiwan must obtain a Work Permit from the Workforce Development Agency, Ministry of Labor. Taiwan Immigration & Relocation Company has supported many foreign professionals from Multinational corporations to obtain work permits. With our help, customer can get their work permit more easily and quickly.

The approved works that foreign professionals can apply for include 7 categories such as:

(1) Specialized or Technical Works

(2) The Director or Manager of an Approved Business Invested or Established by Overseas Chinese or Foreigners
(3) School Teacher
(4) Full-time Foreign Teacher in Cram School
(5) Sports Coaching or Athlete
(6) Arts and Performing Arts
(7) Contracting Foreigners

Scroll to Top