Taiwan Immigration & Relocation Company provide services to help expatriates apply and renew for Taiwan Work Permit, and to help expatriates and their family members to apply for Resident Visa and Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) in Taiwan.
We also provide Immigration services such as Taiwan Employment Gold Card and Taiwan Exit & Entry Permit. If you are considering moving to Taiwan, feel free to get in touch with us. We will support all immigration solutions.
If you are a foreign national who wants to work in Taiwan, you must get all three of the following:
(1) Taiwan Work Permit- This allows you to work in Taiwan.
(2) Taiwan Visa- This allows you to travel to Taiwan for employment.
(3) Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) - This allows you to live in Taiwan as your ID card.
An expatriate who wants to work in Taiwan must obtain a Work Permit from the Workforce Development Agency, Ministry of Labor. Taiwan Immigration & Relocation Company has supported many foreign professionals from Multinational corporations to obtain work permits. With our help, customer can get their work permit more easily and quickly.
The approved works that foreign professionals can apply for include 7 categories such as:
(1) Specialized or Technical Works
(4) Full-time Foreign Teacher in Cram School
(5) Sports Coaching or Athlete
(6) Arts and Performing Arts
(7) Contracting Foreigners
There are two types of VISA, Visitor Visa and Resident Visa:
- Visitor Visa: Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than six months for the purposes of transit; tour; visit relatives; undertake visits; undertake inspection tours; attend international conferences; conduct business; pursue short-term study; undertake short-term employment; undertake short-term missionary work, and engage in other activities in Taiwan will need to apply for Visitor Visa.
- Resident Visa: Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other travel documents, intend to stay in Taiwan for more than 6 months for the purpose of joining the family; pursuing studies; accepting employment; making investments; doing missionary work; or engaging in other permissible activities, will need to apply for Resident Visa.
Resident Visa holders are required to apply for the Alien Resident Certificate and Re-entry Permit at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency within 15 days starting from the next day of their arrival. They may stay in the ROC as long as the Alien Resident Certificate remains valid.
Alien Resident Certificate (ARC), also known as Taiwan Residence Permit, allows expatriates to live in Taiwan long-term. If the expatriate’s work period is over 6 months, will need to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC). Resident Visa holders are required to apply for ARC at the city/county police headquarters nearest to their residence in Taiwan within 15 days after their arrival.
Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) is the certificate issued by the Ministry of the Interior that certifies the holder can have a valid certificate in Taiwan. ARC can be applied for a maximum of 3 years each time. Besides the residency, ARC is also one of the criteria documents for the Taiwan driver’s license and opening bank account.
Taiwan Employment Gold Card is a "4 in 1" Card combining a work permit, residence visa, alien resident certificate, and a re-entry permit, which allows foreigners to be convenient for seeking jobs, employment, and transfer work freely.
The applicant shall be eligible for “qualification of foreign professionals with special expertise”. Those who are satisfactory to specific qualifications and have special expertise may apply to one among ten major fields depending on his/her expertise.
Following are the ten major fields:
(1) Science & Technology (Ministry of Science and Technology)
(2) Economy (Ministry of Economic Affairs)
(3) Education (Ministry of Education)
(4) Culture and Arts (Ministry of Culture)
(5) Sport (Ministry of Education)
(6) Finance (Financial Supervisory Commission)
(7) Law (Ministry of Justice)
(8) Architectural Design (The Construction and Planning Agency, Ministry of the Interior)
(9) National Defense (Ministry of National Defense)
(10) Special cases (with consultation, are recognized by the NDC)
1. This card is an open work permit issued to employment-seeking individuals that require neither pre-confirmed hiring nor application through any employer.
2. Gold Card holders who work in Taiwan for the first time are eligible for a 50% tax deduction on their annual salary income over NT$3 million in the first 5 years.
3. Eligible to apply for permanent residency after three years (excluding Hong Kong and Macao residents). Obtaining a Doctorate Degree in Taiwan counts toward one of the three years that are needed.
4. Employment Gold Card holders who are employed to engage in professional work in Taiwan, or who are employers or self-employed business owners in Taiwan, and their dependent relatives, can directly join the National Health Insurance system without having to wait six months for inclusion.
Taiwan Exit & Entry Permit is the document for the bearer to enter and/or depart Taiwan. The permit is issued by the National Immigration Agency of Taiwan.
This permit is the travel document issued to the residents of the People's Republic of China (PRC) (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau) for short-term visits to Taiwan. The single-entry permit is a color-printed A4 paper, while the multiple-entry permit is a sky-blue passport-size booklet. Despite its name, the permit must be used in conjunction with a valid travel document when entering Taiwan, as the permit itself is not a travel document.
When foreign professionals and family members move to Taiwan, they might need our below services：
Pre-Move Orientation: This program is customized to the needs and requirements of the individual. The customized escorted orientation tour is done on a per-family basis. The tour comprises the following: Residential Neighborhoods, Schools visiting, Hospital & Medical Facilities, Cultural Centers, Sports & Recreational Facilities, Public Transport, and Special Requests.
School Search: Children’s education is a major concern when relocating. From preschool to high school, you will find many accredited schools catering to different international curricula. Taiwan Immigration & Relocation Company knows and understands the importance of continuing education at the highest level.
We help foreign employees to find the ideal school for their children, our priority is providing the professional services necessary to select the appropriate school.
Driving License/Permit Exchange: When an expatriate moves to Taiwan and wants to drive here, will need to exchange foreign driving license for a Taiwan driving license, and Taiwan Immigration & Relocation Company will help with all the steps.
In some cases, you can exchange your foreign driving license for a Taiwan driving license, but in other cases, you might need to take a driving license exam and health examination, this varies depending on the country of issue of your current driving license.
Bank Service: When foreign professionals start their work in Taiwan, they will need to open a local bank account in Taiwan. Taiwan Immigration & Relocation Company will accompany you to the nearest bank to handle your account opening procedures.
Car Rental: After foreign professionals get their driving licenses in Taiwan, you might want to start driving in Taiwan, we can help you to rent an ideal car.
If you want to purchase cars, we can also explanation of how to purchase a car. It is possible to be accompanied to do so if required.
Furniture Purchase: When foreign professionals and family members move to Taiwan, they might want to buy some furniture in Taiwan, we will introduce affordable stores that let you buy your favorite furniture.
Ongoing Support: We have been serving many international companies locally and hope our experience in Taiwan would enable us to benefit your company. We always try our best to cooperate with the client/assignee’s needs and interests.
Once you become our customer, we will become your honest friend in Taiwan. We provide ongoing support to help foreign professionals and family members. For example:
- How to use public transportation options.
- How to shop/get the best value when purchasing appliances.
- How to access emergency services (e.g., police, fire, ambulance).
- Information on recreational/leisure activities, clubs, and organizations.
- Assistance with utility connections & payment procedures.
- Information on household appliances (e.g., whom to contact for repairs).
- Information on the healthcare system.
Taiwan Immigration & Relocation Company will help expatriates and families to find the ideal house in Taiwan, our program is designed to accommodate all personnel relocating, and we provide complete real estate services that work within corporate policies and the family's requirements.
Our consultants personally work with the incoming staff and family until appropriate housing is found and agreements are finalized. During this period, our consultants will continue to communicate with the landlord about leasing-related matters, such as confirming the landlord’s identity, and making sure of house repair and maintenance, until our customers can move into the ideal house smoothly.
We take care of each assignee like our own friend and family member, our service last long, not just the first week or first month. We will provide after-service during their stay in Taiwan.
Short-term Rental: In some cases, corporate will need short-term accommodation for employees or company clients who come to Taiwan for a short stay or conference meeting. We provide short-term rental services to our customers, including a range of rooms, apartments, houses, and facilities to suit most needs.
What is the process for finding a property?
We will assign a consultant to assist with home searches. Once both parties have agreed and signed the Offer Letter, the next step is to proceed to the Tenancy Agreement (TA).
The TA is the formal contract between the Landlord and Tenant and will outline the conditions and terms of renting a property in Taiwan. The TA together with the security deposit has to be signed and presented to the Landlord on or before the day of the handover of the property.
What is a Security Deposit?
A Security Deposit is usually payable by the Tenant when the Tenancy Agreement is signed. This one-off payment, usually equivalent to 2 months’ rental, will be returned to the Tenant without interest when the lease expires subject to any claims, that the Landlord may have relating to the property.
What are some of the common expenses related to housing?
Common expenses will include utilities such as Electricity, Water and Gas. Other expenses include items such as phone line, internet connection, subscription for cable TV, and air-conditioner maintenance. Utilities and phone bills will vary depending on the usage and summer and winter months depending on the usage of the air conditioners.
Tenancy Management: These services are designed to minimize our customer's risk, with the security of professional management.
Our services comprise confirming lease agreements and landlord’s identity、handover of premises、repairs and maintenance、rent collection、tenant liaison. The range of services covered would be:
- Negotiations/communications for the terms of tenancy agreements to ensure clients’ interests are fulfilled.
- Check-in (walk-through) of premises.
- Arrangements for initiations of water, gas and electricity usage.
- Arrangements for installation of cable, and internet.
- Arrange and coordinate with contractors for the repair, cleaning and maintenance work.
- All communication with Landlords.
- Negotiations/communications for the terms of tenancy agreements renewals to ensure client’s interests are met.
- Arrangements for all repair and upgrading works needed for renewals are done.
- Arrangements of cancellations of utilities/cable/internet connections upon check-out premises.
- Hand-over of premises.
- Recovery of withholding security deposits.
Settling In: We will check and record the condition of the property and its furniture and fittings before the tenant moves in, and we can help with all the settling, repairs, and maintenance.
Departure Service: When foreign professionals and family members plan to leave Taiwan, we provide departure services comprised of: Cancel work permit and ARC; Coordinate with the landlord on issues related to the termination of the lease; assist the tenant to clear all outstanding water, electricity, and related expenses.
A key benefit of the service includes the negotiation for the return of the security deposit. Without proper procedures and negotiations, a substantial portion of a security deposit may be lost.