The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that, effective 00:00 on October 13 (incoming flight’s scheduled arrival time), arriving travelers will no longer be required to quarantine and will instead undergo a seven-day period of self-initiated prevention after arrival. Related border restrictions will also be lifted starting October 13.
Details are listed below:
Quarantine duration: the day of arrival counts as Day 0. A seven-day period of self-initiated prevention will be required.
A. Mandatory quarantine will be discontinued.
B. Arriving travelers will no longer be required to make a health declaration on the Quarantine System for Entry before arrival and to have a mobile phone with a Taiwanese number.
C. The COVID-19 Health Declaration and Home Quarantine Notice will no longer be issued to arriving travelers.
D. Electronic fencing and monitoring measures will be suspended, and home quarantine designation will no longer be marked in the National Health Insurance system. Home quarantine services from local governments will also be suspended. E. Epidemic prevention rules to follow during the self-initiatedprevention period:
1. In principle, arriving travelers should stay at home or a residence of a friend or family member or a hotel room that meets the requirement of “one person per room” (with a private bathroom) in the self-initiated prevention period.
2. During the self-initiated prevention period, arriving travelers should avoid coming into contact with persons who have a high risk of developing severe COVID-19 (including elderly people 65 and older, children 6 and younger, and individuals who are immunocompromised or have a weak immune system).
3. Arriving travelers should rest at home if they experience symptoms. If they don’t experience symptoms, a negative result from an at-home rapid test taken within two days is required before they go out, go to work, or attend school. They should wear a mask at all times when outside.
4. Arriving travelers can dine alone or with specific persons in a restaurant if they need to eat when outside. They should immediately put on a mask when they leave their seat or finish eating. They can temporarily remove their mask when dining and should put on their mask after finishing their meal.
5. Arriving travelers cannot visit or stay with a hospitalized individual in a hospital. Non-urgent medical services or examinations should be postponed. Arriving travelers should avoid going to long-term care facilities.
6. Those with COVID-19 who have mild symptoms can receive home care at an enhanced quarantine hotel/government quarantine facility or the place where they undergo self-initiated prevention (general hotel not included).