Taiwan Employment Gold Card is a "4 in 1" Card combining a work permit, residence visa, alien resident certificate, and a re-entry permit, which allows foreigners to be convenient for seeking jobs, employment, and transfer work freely.
The applicant shall be eligible for “qualification of foreign professionals with special expertise”. Those who are satisfactory to specific qualifications and have special expertise may apply to one among ten major fields depending on his/her expertise.
Following are the ten major fields:
(1) Science & Technology (Ministry of Science and Technology)
(2) Economy (Ministry of Economic Affairs)
(3) Education (Ministry of Education)
(4) Culture and Arts (Ministry of Culture)
(5) Sport (Ministry of Education)
(6) Finance (Financial Supervisory Commission)
(7) Law (Ministry of Justice)
(8) Architectural Design (The Construction and Planning Agency, Ministry of the Interior)
(9) National Defense (Ministry of National Defense)
(10) Special cases (with consultation, are recognized by the NDC)
1. This card is an open work permit issued to employment-seeking individuals that require neither pre-confirmed hiring nor application through any employer.
2. Gold Card holders who work in Taiwan for the first time are eligible for a 50% tax deduction on their annual salary income over NT$3 million in the first 5 years.
3. Eligible to apply for permanent residency after three years (excluding Hong Kong and Macao residents). Obtaining a Doctorate Degree in Taiwan counts toward one of the three years that are needed.
4. Employment Gold Card holders who are employed to engage in professional work in Taiwan, or who are employers or self-employed business owners in Taiwan, and their dependent relatives, can directly join the National Health Insurance system without having to wait six months for inclusion.